This isn't flower-power in the traditional hippie sense. This is flower-power in the Jared-Leto-at-the-Oscars way. Oversized corsages worn with confidence and a modern masculinity. We've got the all new singing and dancing Gucci to thank for these floral flourishes. For SS16, things are bold and colourful. These are perfect for something different for a prom or an evening wear look. Wear where a bow-tie or neck tie would be, or add in your button hole. Who said menswear wasn't fun?!
Left - Jared Leto in Gucci at the 2016 Oscars
Left - The peacock male, Gucci's SS16 advertising campaign
Below - The corsage on the Gucci SS16 catwalk
How to make your own flower-power corsage:
1. Look for a large silk headed flower. I found some good ones in the local pound shop. Go for a dark colour, if you want masculine, or bright, fuchsia pink, if you really want to stand out.
2. Use pliers to snip off the flower head from the wire stem.
3. Find a piece of ribbon, long enough to tie around your neck. Use a ribbon from a carrier bag, if you can find one, or buy a small length.
4. Snip, using a pair of scissors, a small hole in the middle of the ribbon.
5. Push the stem of the flower through and, using a glue gun, generously secure the end to the ribbon.
Voila! You're red carpet ready!
Left - One TheChicGeek made earlier!
See how TheChicGeek styles his here
Left - dunhill SS16
Right - Bally SS16