Marks & Spencer has asked TheChicGeek for his top tips when it comes to looking for and buying a new suit.
1. Fit is the most important thing when buying a suit. Find items in your size first, then decide on the style and material. Pay particular attention to the shoulders, cuffs and hems of the trousers.
2. Jacket sleeves should stop at the base of the thumb and trousers should gently break on the shoe.
3. The length of the jacket should be in proportion to your height. If you are taller, then opt for a longer jacket.
4. Never button up the bottom button of the jacket (if more than a one button). This is traditional suit etiquette.
5. Buy a second pair of trousers as these will wear faster then the jacket.
6. A well fitted suit will give you better posture and more confidence.
7. Steam your suit, rather than iron, to stop it going shiny.
Credits - All Marks & Spencer - Suit - Limited, Knitted Polo - Autograph, Socks - M&S, Monk Strap Shoes - Best of British